Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) elevation, lift, raising (the event of something being raised upward) "an elevation of the temperature in the afternoon"; "a raising of the land resulting from volcanic activity"
- S: (n) acme, height, elevation, peak, pinnacle, summit, superlative, meridian, tiptop, top (the highest level or degree attainable; the highest stage of development) "his landscapes were deemed the acme of beauty"; "the artist's gifts are at their acme"; "at the height of her career"; "the peak of perfection"; "summer was at its peak"; "...catapulted Einstein to the pinnacle of fame"; "the summit of his ambition"; "so many highest superlatives achieved by man"; "at the top of his profession"
- S: (n) elevation, EL, altitude, ALT (angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object))
- S: (n) natural elevation, elevation (a raised or elevated geological formation)
- S: (n) elevation (distance of something above a reference point (such as sea level)) "there was snow at the higher elevations"
- S: (n) elevation ((ballet) the height of a dancer's leap or jump) "a dancer of exceptional elevation"
- S: (n) elevation (drawing of an exterior of a structure)
- S: (n) aggrandizement, aggrandisement, elevation (the act of increasing the wealth or prestige or power or scope of something) "the aggrandizement of the king"; "his elevation to cardinal"