Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) echo, reverberation, sound reflection, replication (the repetition of a sound resulting from reflection of the sound waves) "she could hear echoes of her own footsteps"
- S: (n) Echo ((Greek mythology) a nymph who was spurned by Narcissus and pined away until only her voice remained)
- S: (n) echo (a reply that repeats what has just been said)
- S: (n) echo (a reflected television or radio or radar beam)
- S: (n) echo (a close parallel of a feeling, idea, style, etc.) "his contention contains more than an echo of Rousseau"; "Napoleon III was an echo of the mighty Emperor but an infinitely better man"
- S: (n) echo (an imitation or repetition) "the flower arrangement was created as an echo of a client's still life"
- S: (v) repeat, echo (to say again or imitate) "followers echoing the cries of their leaders"
- S: (v) resound, echo, ring, reverberate (ring or echo with sound) "the hall resounded with laughter"
- S: (v) echo, recall (call to mind) "His words echoed John F. Kennedy"