Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) ebb, ebbing, wane (a gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number))
- S: (n) ebb, reflux (the outward flow of the tide)
- S: (v) ebb, ebb away, ebb down, ebb out, ebb off (flow back or recede) "the tides ebbed at noon"
- S: (v) ebb (hem in fish with stakes and nets so as to prevent them from going back into the sea with the ebb)
- S: (v) ebb (fall away or decline) "The patient's strength ebbed away"