Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) ease, easiness, simplicity, simpleness (freedom from difficulty or hardship or effort) "he rose through the ranks with apparent ease"; "they put it into containers for ease of transportation"; "the very easiness of the deed held her back"
- S: (n) ease, comfort (a freedom from financial difficulty that promotes a comfortable state) "a life of luxury and ease"; "he had all the material comforts of this world"
- S: (n) relief, ease (the condition of being comfortable or relieved (especially after being relieved of distress)) "he enjoyed his relief from responsibility"; "getting it off his conscience gave him some ease"
- S: (n) ease, informality (freedom from constraint or embarrassment) "I am never at ease with strangers"
- S: (n) rest, ease, repose, relaxation (freedom from activity (work or strain or responsibility)) "took his repose by the swimming pool"
- S: (v) ease (move gently or carefully) "He eased himself into the chair"
- S: (v) comfort, ease (lessen pain or discomfort; alleviate) "ease the pain in your legs"
- S: (v) facilitate, ease, alleviate (make easier) "you could facilitate the process by sharing your knowledge"
- S: (v) still, allay, relieve, ease (lessen the intensity of or calm) "The news eased my conscience"; "still the fears"