Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) dust (fine powdery material such as dry earth or pollen that can be blown about in the air) "the furniture was covered with dust"
- S: (n) debris, dust, junk, rubble, detritus (the remains of something that has been destroyed or broken up)
- S: (n) dust (free microscopic particles of solid material) "astronomers say that the empty space between planets actually contains measurable amounts of dust"
- S: (v) dust (remove the dust from) "dust the cabinets"
- S: (v) dust (rub the dust over a surface so as to blur the outlines of a shape) "The artist dusted the charcoal drawing down to a faint image"
- S: (v) dust (cover with a light dusting of a substance) "dust the bread with flour"
- S: (v) scatter, sprinkle, dot, dust, disperse (distribute loosely) "He scattered gun powder under the wagon"