Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) drum, membranophone, tympan (a musical percussion instrument; usually consists of a hollow cylinder with a membrane stretched across each end)
- S: (n) drum (the sound of a drum) "he could hear the drums before he heard the fifes"
- S: (n) barrel, drum (a bulging cylindrical shape; hollow with flat ends)
- S: (n) drum, metal drum (a cylindrical metal container used for shipping or storage of liquids)
- S: (n) brake drum, drum (a hollow cast iron cylinder attached to the wheel that forms part of the brakes)
- S: (n) drum, drumfish (small to medium-sized bottom-dwelling food and game fishes of shallow coastal and fresh waters that make a drumming noise)
- S: (v) drum, beat, thrum (make a rhythmic sound) "Rain drummed against the windshield"; "The drums beat all night"
- S: (v) drum (play a percussion instrument)
- S: (v) cram, grind away, drum, bone up, swot, get up, mug up, swot up, bone (study intensively, as before an exam) "I had to bone up on my Latin verbs before the final exam"