Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) dream, dreaming (a series of mental images and emotions occurring during sleep) "I had a dream about you last night"
- S: (n) dream, dreaming (imaginative thoughts indulged in while awake) "he lives in a dream that has nothing to do with reality"
- S: (n) ambition, aspiration, dream (a cherished desire) "his ambition is to own his own business"
- S: (n) pipe dream, dream (a fantastic but vain hope (from fantasies induced by the opium pipe)) "I have this pipe dream about being emperor of the universe"
- S: (n) dream (a state of mind characterized by abstraction and release from reality) "he went about his work as if in a dream"
- S: (n) dream (someone or something wonderful) "this dessert is a dream"
- S: (v) dream, daydream, woolgather, stargaze (have a daydream; indulge in a fantasy)
- S: (v) dream (experience while sleeping) "She claims to never dream"; "He dreamt a strange scene"