Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) drain, drainage (emptying something accomplished by allowing liquid to run out of it)
- S: (n) drain (tube inserted into a body cavity (as during surgery) to remove unwanted material)
- S: (n) drain, drainpipe, waste pipe (a pipe through which liquid is carried away)
- S: (n) drain (a gradual depletion of energy or resources) "a drain on resources"; "a drain of young talent by emigration"
- S: (v) drain, run out (flow off gradually) "The rain water drains into this big vat"
- S: (v) drain (deplete of resources) "The exercise class drains me of energy"
- S: (v) drain (empty of liquid; drain the liquid from) "We drained the oil tank"
- S: (v) enfeeble, debilitate, drain (make weak) "Life in the camp drained him"