Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) draft, bill of exchange, order of payment (a document ordering the payment of money; drawn by one person or bank on another)
- S: (n) draft, draught (a current of air (usually coming into a chimney or room or vehicle))
- S: (n) draft, rough drawing (a preliminary sketch of a design or picture)
- S: (n) draft, draught, potation, tipple (a serving of drink (usually alcoholic) drawn from a keg) "they served beer on draft"
- S: (n) draft, draft copy (any of the various versions in the development of a written work) "a preliminary draft"; "the final draft of the constitution"
- S: (n) draft, draught (the depth of a vessel's keel below the surface (especially when loaded))
- S: (n) draft (a regulator for controlling the flow of air in a fireplace)
- S: (n) draft, draught (a dose of liquid medicine) "he took a sleeping draft"
- S: (n) conscription, muster, draft, selective service (compulsory military service)
- S: (n) gulp, draft, draught, swig (a large and hurried swallow) "he finished it at a single gulp"
- S: (n) draft, draught, drawing (the act of moving a load by drawing or pulling)