Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) douse, put out (put out, as of a candle or a light) "Douse the lights"
- S: (v) douse, dowse (wet thoroughly)
- S: (v) dip, douse, duck (dip into a liquid) "He dipped into the pool"
- S: (v) dunk, dip, souse, plunge, douse (immerse briefly into a liquid so as to wet, coat, or saturate) "dip the garment into the cleaning solution"; "dip the brush into the paint"
- S: (v) douse (lower quickly) "douse a sail"
- S: (v) douse, dowse (slacken) "douse a rope"
- S: (v) drench, douse, dowse, soak, sop, souse (cover with liquid; pour liquid onto) "souse water on his hot face"