Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) contrivance, stratagem, dodge (an elaborate or deceitful scheme contrived to deceive or evade) "his testimony was just a contrivance to throw us off the track"
- S: (n) dodge (a quick evasive movement)
- S: (n) dodge, dodging, scheme (a statement that evades the question by cleverness or trickery)
- S: (v) dodge (make a sudden movement in a new direction so as to avoid) "The child dodged the teacher's blow"
- S: (v) dodge (move to and fro or from place to place usually in an irregular course) "the pickpocket dodged through the crowd"
- S: (v) hedge, fudge, evade, put off, circumvent, parry, elude, skirt, dodge, duck, sidestep (avoid or try to avoid fulfilling, answering, or performing (duties, questions, or issues)) "He dodged the issue"; "she skirted the problem"; "They tend to evade their responsibilities"; "he evaded the questions skillfully"