Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) denial (the act of refusing to comply (as with a request)) "it resulted in a complete denial of his privileges"
- S: (n) denial, disaffirmation (the act of asserting that something alleged is not true)
- S: (n) denial ((psychiatry) a defense mechanism that denies painful thoughts)
- S: (n) abnegation, self-abnegation, denial, self-denial, self-renunciation (renunciation of your own interests in favor of the interests of others)
- S: (n) defense, defence, denial, demurrer (a defendant's answer or plea denying the truth of the charges against him) "he gave evidence for the defense"