Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (adj) beloved, darling, dear (dearly loved)
- S: (adj) dear, good, near (with or in a close or intimate relationship) "a good friend"; "my sisters and brothers are near and dear"
- S: (adj) dear, devout, earnest, heartfelt (sincerely earnest) "one's dearest wish"; "devout wishes for their success"; "heartfelt condolences"
- S: (adj) costly, dear, high-priced, pricey, pricy (having a high price) "costly jewelry"; "high-priced merchandise"; "much too dear for my pocketbook"; "a pricey restaurant"
- S: (adv) dearly, affectionately, dear (with affection) "she loved him dearly"; "he treats her affectionately"
- S: (adv) dearly, dear (at a great cost) "he paid dearly for the food"; "this cost him dear"