Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) curse, cuss, blaspheme, swear, imprecate (utter obscenities or profanities) "The drunken men were cursing loudly in the street"
- S: (v) curse (heap obscenities upon) "The taxi driver who felt he didn't get a high enough tip cursed the passenger"
- S: (v) curse, beshrew, damn, bedamn, anathemize, anathemise, imprecate, maledict (wish harm upon; invoke evil upon) "The bad witch cursed the child"
- S: (v) excommunicate, unchurch, curse (exclude from a church or a religious community) "The gay priest was excommunicated when he married his partner"
- S: (adj) cursed, curst (deserving a curse; sometimes used as an intensifier) "villagers shun the area believing it to be cursed"; "cursed with four daughter"; "not a cursed drop"; "his cursed stupidity"; "I'll be cursed if I can see your reasoning"
- S: (adj) cursed, damned, doomed, unredeemed, unsaved (in danger of the eternal punishment of Hell) "poor damned souls"