Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) curse, curse word, expletive, oath, swearing, swearword, cuss (profane or obscene expression usually of surprise or anger) "expletives were deleted"
- S: (n) execration, condemnation, curse (an appeal to some supernatural power to inflict evil on someone or some group)
- S: (n) hex, jinx, curse, whammy (an evil spell) "a witch put a curse on his whole family"; "he put the whammy on me"
- S: (n) bane, curse, scourge, nemesis (something causing misery or death) "the bane of my life"
- S: (n) curse, torment (a severe affliction)
- S: (v) curse, cuss, blaspheme, swear, imprecate (utter obscenities or profanities) "The drunken men were cursing loudly in the street"
- S: (v) curse (heap obscenities upon) "The taxi driver who felt he didn't get a high enough tip cursed the passenger"
- S: (v) curse, beshrew, damn, bedamn, anathemize, anathemise, imprecate, maledict (wish harm upon; invoke evil upon) "The bad witch cursed the child"
- S: (v) excommunicate, unchurch, curse (exclude from a church or a religious community) "The gay priest was excommunicated when he married his partner"