Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) cup (a small open container usually used for drinking; usually has a handle) "he put the cup back in the saucer"; "the handle of the cup was missing"
- S: (n) cup, cupful (the quantity a cup will hold) "he drank a cup of coffee"; "he borrowed a cup of sugar"
- S: (n) cup (any cup-shaped concavity) "bees filled the waxen cups with honey"; "he wore a jock strap with a metal cup"; "the cup of her bra"
- S: (n) cup (a United States liquid unit equal to 8 fluid ounces)
- S: (n) cup (cup-shaped plant organ)
- S: (n) cup (a punch served in a pitcher instead of a punch bowl)
- S: (n) cup (the hole (or metal container in the hole) on a golf green) "he swore as the ball rimmed the cup and rolled away"; "put the flag back in the cup"
- S: (n) cup, loving cup (a large metal vessel with two handles that is awarded as a trophy to the winner of a competition) "the school kept the cups is a special glass case"
- S: (v) cup (form into the shape of a cup) "She cupped her hands"
- S: (v) cup (put into a cup) "cup the milk"
- S: (v) cup, transfuse (treat by applying evacuated cups to the patient's skin)