Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) culture, civilization, civilisation (a particular society at a particular time and place) "early Mayan civilization"
- S: (n) culture (the tastes in art and manners that are favored by a social group)
- S: (n) acculturation, culture (all the knowledge and values shared by a society)
- S: (n) culture ((biology) the growing of microorganisms in a nutrient medium (such as gelatin or agar)) "the culture of cells in a Petri dish"
- S: (n) polish, refinement, culture, cultivation, finish (a highly developed state of perfection; having a flawless or impeccable quality) "they performed with great polish"; "I admired the exquisite refinement of his prose"; "almost an inspiration which gives to all work that finish which is almost art"--Joseph Conrad
- S: (n) culture (the attitudes and behavior that are characteristic of a particular social group or organization) "the developing drug culture"; "the reason that the agency is doomed to inaction has something to do with the FBI culture"
- S: (n) culture (the raising of plants or animals) "the culture of oysters"
- S: (v) culture (grow in a special preparation) "the biologist grows microorganisms"