Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) cradle (a baby bed with sides and rockers)
- S: (n) birthplace, cradle, place of origin, provenance, provenience (where something originated or was nurtured in its early existence) "the birthplace of civilization"
- S: (n) cradle (birth of a person) "he was taught from the cradle never to cry"
- S: (n) rocker, cradle (a trough that can be rocked back and forth; used by gold miners to shake auriferous earth in water in order to separate the gold)
- S: (v) cradle (hold gently and carefully) "He cradles the child in his arms"
- S: (v) cradle (bring up from infancy)
- S: (v) cradle (hold or place in or as if in a cradle) "He cradled the infant in his arms"
- S: (v) cradle (cut grain with a cradle scythe)
- S: (v) cradle (wash in a cradle) "cradle gold"
- S: (v) cradle (run with the stick)