Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) counter (table consisting of a horizontal surface over which business is transacted)
- S: (n) counter (game equipment (as a piece of wood, plastic, or ivory) used for keeping a count or reserving a space in various card or board games)
- S: (n) counter, tabulator (a calculator that keeps a record of the number of times something happens)
- S: (n) buffet, counter, sideboard (a piece of furniture that stands at the side of a dining room; has shelves and drawers)
- S: (n) counter (a person who counts things)
- S: (n) rejoinder, retort, return, riposte, replication, comeback, counter (a quick reply to a question or remark (especially a witty or critical one)) "it brought a sharp rejoinder from the teacher"
- S: (n) counter ((computer science) a register whose contents go through a regular series of states (usually states indicating consecutive integers))
- S: (n) counter, heel counter (a piece of leather forming the back of a shoe or boot) "a counter may be used to stiffen the material around the heel and to give support to the foot"
- S: (n) counterpunch, parry, counter (a return punch (especially by a boxer))
- S: (adv) counter (in the opposite direction) "run counter"