Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) compensate, counterbalance, correct, make up, even out, even off, even up (adjust for) "engineers will work to correct the effects or air resistance"
- S: (v) compensate, recompense, repair, indemnify (make amends for; pay compensation for) "One can never fully repair the suffering and losses of the Jews in the Third Reich"; "She was compensated for the loss of her arm in the accident"
- S: (v) cover, compensate, overcompensate (make up for shortcomings or a feeling of inferiority by exaggerating good qualities) "he is compensating for being a bad father"
- S: (v) right, compensate, redress, correct (make reparations or amends for) "right a wrongs done to the victims of the Holocaust"
- S: (v) pay, pay off, make up, compensate (do or give something to somebody in return) "Does she pay you for the work you are doing?"
- S: (v) compensate, recompense, remunerate (make payment to; compensate) "My efforts were not remunerated"