Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) comb (a flat device with narrow pointed teeth on one edge; disentangles or arranges hair)
- S: (n) comb, cockscomb, coxcomb (the fleshy red crest on the head of the domestic fowl and other gallinaceous birds)
- S: (n) comb (any of several tools for straightening fibers)
- S: (n) comb (ciliated comb-like swimming plate of a ctenophore)
- S: (n) comb, combing (the act of drawing a comb through hair) "his hair needed a comb"
- S: (v) comb (straighten with a comb) "comb your hair"
- S: (v) comb, ransack (search thoroughly) "They combed the area for the missing child"
- S: (v) comb, comb out, disentangle (smoothen and neaten with or as with a comb) "comb your hair before dinner"; "comb the wool"