Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) coil, spiral, volute, whorl, helix (a structure consisting of something wound in a continuous series of loops) "a coil of rope"
- S: (n) coil, whorl, roll, curl, curlicue, ringlet, gyre, scroll (a round shape formed by a series of concentric circles (as formed by leaves or flower petals))
- S: (n) coil (a transformer that supplies high voltage to spark plugs in a gasoline engine)
- S: (n) coil (a contraceptive device placed inside a woman's womb)
- S: (n) coil (tubing that is wound in a spiral)
- S: (n) coil (reactor consisting of a spiral of insulated wire that introduces inductance into a circuit)
- S: (v) gyrate, spiral, coil (to wind or move in a spiral course) "the muscles and nerves of his fine drawn body were coiling for action"; "black smoke coiling up into the sky"; "the young people gyrated on the dance floor"
- S: (v) handbuild, hand-build, coil (make without a potter's wheel) "This famous potter hand-builds all of her vessels"
- S: (v) coil, loop, curl (wind around something in coils or loops)