Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) cartridge holder, cartridge clip, clip, magazine (a metal frame or container holding cartridges; can be inserted into an automatic gun)
- S: (n) time, clip (an instance or single occasion for some event) "this time he succeeded"; "he called four times"; "he could do ten at a clip"
- S: (n) clip (any of various small fasteners used to hold loose articles together)
- S: (n) clip (an article of jewelry that can be clipped onto a hat or dress)
- S: (n) clip, clipping, snip (the act of clipping or snipping)
- S: (n) clip (a sharp slanting blow) "he gave me a clip on the ear"
- S: (v) nip, nip off, clip, snip, snip off (sever or remove by pinching or snipping) "nip off the flowers"
- S: (v) trot, jog, clip (run at a moderately swift pace)
- S: (v) clip (attach with a clip) "clip the papers together"
- S: (v) snip, clip, crop, trim, lop, dress, prune, cut back (cultivate, tend, and cut back the growth of) "dress the plants in the garden"
- S: (v) clip, curtail, cut short (terminate or abbreviate before its intended or proper end or its full extent) "My speech was cut short"; "Personal freedom is curtailed in many countries"