Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) slingshot, sling, catapult (a plaything consisting of a Y-shaped stick with elastic between the arms; used to propel small stones)
- S: (n) catapult, launcher (a device that launches aircraft from a warship)
- S: (n) catapult, arbalest, arbalist, ballista, bricole, mangonel, onager, trebuchet, trebucket (an engine that provided medieval artillery used during sieges; a heavy war engine for hurling large stones and other missiles)
- S: (v) catapult (shoot forth or launch, as if from a catapult) "the enemy catapulted rocks towards the fort"
- S: (v) sling, catapult (hurl as if with a sling)