Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) car, auto, automobile, machine, motorcar (a motor vehicle with four wheels; usually propelled by an internal combustion engine) "he needs a car to get to work"
- S: (n) car, railcar, railway car, railroad car (a wheeled vehicle adapted to the rails of railroad) "three cars had jumped the rails"
- S: (n) car, gondola (the compartment that is suspended from an airship and that carries personnel and the cargo and the power plant)
- S: (n) car, elevator car (where passengers ride up and down) "the car was on the top floor"
- S: (n) cable car, car (a conveyance for passengers or freight on a cable railway) "they took a cable car to the top of the mountain"