Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) cap (a tight-fitting headdress)
- S: (n) cap (a top (as for a bottle))
- S: (n) detonator, detonating device, cap (a mechanical or electrical explosive device or a small amount of explosive; can be used to initiate the reaction of a disrupting explosive)
- S: (n) cap (something serving as a cover or protection)
- S: (n) cap, pileus (a fruiting structure resembling an umbrella or a cone that forms the top of a stalked fleshy fungus such as a mushroom)
- S: (n) hood, cap (a protective covering that is part of a plant)
- S: (n) ceiling, roof, cap (an upper limit on what is allowed) "he put a ceiling on the number of women who worked for him"; "there was a roof on salaries"; "they established a cap for prices"
- S: (n) crown, crownwork, jacket, jacket crown, cap ((dentistry) dental appliance consisting of an artificial crown for a broken or decayed tooth) "tomorrow my dentist will fit me for a crown"
- S: (n) capital, chapiter, cap (the upper part of a column that supports the entablature)
- S: (v) cap, crest (lie at the top of) "Snow capped the mountains"
- S: (v) cap (restrict the number or amount of) "We had to cap the number of people we can accept into our club"