Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) canvas, canvass (a heavy, closely woven fabric (used for clothing or chairs or sails or tents))
- S: (n) canvas, canvass (an oil painting on canvas fabric)
- S: (n) canvas, canvass (the setting for a narrative or fictional or dramatic account) "the crowded canvas of history"; "the movie demanded a dramatic canvas of sound"
- S: (n) canvas tent, canvas, canvass (a tent made of canvas fabric)
- S: (n) sail, canvas, canvass, sheet (a large piece of fabric (usually canvas fabric) by means of which wind is used to propel a sailing vessel)
- S: (n) canvas, canvass (the mat that forms the floor of the ring in which boxers or professional wrestlers compete) "the boxer picked himself up off the canvas"
- S: (v) canvas (cover with canvas) "She canvassed the walls of her living room so as to conceal the ugly cracks"