Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) bulb (a modified bud consisting of a thickened globular underground stem serving as a reproductive structure)
- S: (n) light bulb, lightbulb, bulb, incandescent lamp, electric light, electric-light bulb (electric lamp consisting of a transparent or translucent glass housing containing a wire filament (usually tungsten) that emits light when heated by electricity)
- S: (n) bulb (a rounded part of a cylindrical instrument (usually at one end)) "the bulb of a syringe"
- S: (n) bulb (anything with a round shape resembling a teardrop)
- S: (n) medulla oblongata, medulla, bulb (lower or hindmost part of the brain; continuous with spinal cord; (`bulb' is an old term for medulla oblongata)) "the medulla oblongata is the most vital part of the brain because it contains centers controlling breathing and heart functioning"
- S: (n) bulb (a rounded dilation or expansion in a canal or vessel or organ)