Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) bruise, contusion (an injury that doesn't break the skin but results in some discoloration)
- S: (v) bruise, contuse (injure the underlying soft tissue or bone of) "I bruised my knee"
- S: (v) hurt, wound, injure, bruise, offend, spite (hurt the feelings of) "She hurt me when she did not include me among her guests"; "This remark really bruised my ego"
- S: (v) bruise (break up into small pieces for food preparation) "bruise the berries with a wooden spoon and strain them"
- S: (v) bruise (damage (plant tissue) by abrasion or pressure) "The customer bruised the strawberries by squeezing them"