Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) brood (the young of an animal cared for at one time)
- S: (v) brood, dwell (think moodily or anxiously about something)
- S: (v) brood, hover, loom, bulk large (hang over, as of something threatening, dark, or menacing) "The terrible vision brooded over her all day long"
- S: (v) sulk, pout, brood (be in a huff and display one's displeasure) "She is pouting because she didn't get what she wanted"
- S: (v) grizzle, brood, stew (be in a huff; be silent or sullen)
- S: (v) brood, hatch, cover, incubate (sit on (eggs)) "Birds brood"; "The female covers the eggs"