Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) breathe, take a breath, respire, suspire (draw air into, and expel out of, the lungs) "I can breathe better when the air is clean"; "The patient is respiring"
- S: (v) breathe (be alive) "Every creature that breathes"
- S: (v) breathe (impart as if by breathing) "He breathed new life into the old house"
- S: (v) breathe (allow the passage of air through) "Our new synthetic fabric breathes and is perfect for summer wear"
- S: (v) breathe (utter or tell) "not breathe a word"
- S: (v) breathe (manifest or evince) "She breathes the Christian spirit"
- S: (v) rest, breathe, catch one's breath, take a breather (take a short break from one's activities in order to relax)
- S: (v) breathe (reach full flavor by absorbing air and being let to stand after having been uncorked) "This rare Bordeaux must be allowed to breathe for at least 2 hours"
- S: (v) emit, breathe, pass off (expel (gases or odors))