Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) brake (a restraint used to slow or stop a vehicle)
- S: (n) brake (any of various ferns of the genus Pteris having pinnately compound leaves and including several popular houseplants)
- S: (n) bracken, pasture brake, brake, Pteridium aquilinum (large coarse fern often several feet high; essentially weed ferns; cosmopolitan)
- S: (n) brake (an area thickly overgrown usually with one kind of plant)
- S: (n) brake (anything that slows or hinders a process) "she wan not ready to put the brakes on her life with a marriage"; "new legislation will put the brakes on spending"
- S: (v) brake (stop travelling by applying a brake) "We had to brake suddenly when a chicken crossed the road"
- S: (v) brake (cause to stop by applying the brakes) "brake the car before you go into a curve"