Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) bottom, underside, undersurface (the lower side of anything)
- S: (n) bottom (the lowest part of anything) "they started at the bottom of the hill"
- S: (n) buttocks, nates, arse, butt, backside, bum, buns, can, fundament, hindquarters, hind end, keister, posterior, prat, rear, rear end, rump, stern, seat, tail, tail end, tooshie, tush, bottom, behind, derriere, fanny, ass (the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on) "he deserves a good kick in the butt"; "are you going to sit on your fanny and do nothing?"
- S: (n) bottom, bottom of the inning (the second half of an inning; while the home team is at bat)
- S: (n) bed, bottom (a depression forming the ground under a body of water) "he searched for treasure on the ocean bed"
- S: (n) bottomland, bottom (low-lying alluvial land near a river)
- S: (n) bottom, freighter, merchantman, merchant ship (a cargo ship) "they did much of their overseas trade in foreign bottoms"
- S: (v) bottom (provide with a bottom or a seat) "bottom the chairs"
- S: (v) bottom (strike the ground, as with a ship's bottom)
- S: (v) penetrate, fathom, bottom (come to understand)
- S: (adj) bottom (situated at the bottom or lowest position) "the bottom drawer"
- S: (adj) bottom (the lowest rank) "bottom member of the class"