Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) foreman, chief, gaffer, honcho, boss (a person who exercises control over workers) "if you want to leave early you have to ask the foreman"
- S: (n) boss, hirer (a person responsible for hiring workers) "the boss hired three more men for the new job"
- S: (n) boss (a person who exercises control and makes decisions) "he is his own boss now"
- S: (n) party boss, political boss, boss (a leader in a political party who controls votes and dictates appointments) "party bosses have a reputation for corruption"
- S: (n) knob, boss (a circular rounded projection or protuberance)
- S: (adj) boss, brag (exceptionally good) "a boss hand at carpentry"; "his brag cornfield"