Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) boost, encouragement (the act of giving hope or support to someone)
- S: (n) rise, boost, hike, cost increase (an increase in cost) "they asked for a 10% rise in rates"
- S: (n) boost (the act of giving a push) "he gave her a boost over the fence"
- S: (v) hike, hike up, boost (increase) "The landlord hiked up the rents"
- S: (v) boost (give a boost to; be beneficial to) "The tax cut will boost the economy"
- S: (v) promote, advance, boost, further, encourage (contribute to the progress or growth of) "I am promoting the use of computers in the classroom"
- S: (v) boost, advance, supercharge (increase or raise) "boost the voltage in an electrical circuit"
- S: (v) boost (push or shove upward, as if from below or behind) "The singer had to be boosted onto the stage by a special contraption"