Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) space, blank (a blank character used to separate successive words in writing or printing) "he said the space is the most important character in the alphabet"
- S: (n) lacuna, blank (a blank gap or missing part)
- S: (n) blank (a piece of material ready to be made into something)
- S: (n) blank, dummy, blank shell (a cartridge containing an explosive charge but no bullet)
- S: (v) blank (keep the opposing (baseball) team from winning)
- S: (adj) blank, clean, white ((of a surface) not written or printed on) "blank pages"; "fill in the blank spaces"; "a clean page"; "wide white margins"
- S: (adj) blank (without comprehension) "When I called her name, she gave me a blank look, as though she didn't know me"
- S: (adj) blank (not charged with a bullet) "a blank cartridge"
- S: (adj) blank, utter (complete and absolute) "utter seriousness"; "blank stupidity"