Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) basin (a bowl-shaped vessel; usually used for holding food or liquids) "she mixed the dough in a large basin"
- S: (n) basin, basinful (the quantity that a basin will hold) "a basinful of water"
- S: (n) basin (a natural depression in the surface of the land often with a lake at the bottom of it) "the basin of the Great Salt Lake"
- S: (n) river basin, basin, watershed, drainage basin, catchment area, catchment basin, drainage area (the entire geographical area drained by a river and its tributaries; an area characterized by all runoff being conveyed to the same outlet) "flood control in the Missouri basin"
- S: (n) washbasin, basin, washbowl, washstand, lavatory (a bathroom sink that is permanently installed and connected to a water supply and drainpipe; where you can wash your hands and face) "he ran some water in the basin and splashed it on his face"