Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) shot, shaft, slam, dig, barb, jibe, gibe (an aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect) "his parting shot was `drop dead'"; "she threw shafts of sarcasm"; "she takes a dig at me every chance she gets"
- S: (n) barb (the pointed part of barbed wire)
- S: (n) barb (a subsidiary point facing opposite from the main point that makes an arrowhead or spear hard to remove)
- S: (n) barb (one of the parallel filaments projecting from the main shaft of a feather)
- S: (v) barb (provide with barbs) "barbed wire"