Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) ball (round object that is hit or thrown or kicked in games) "the ball travelled 90 mph on his serve"; "the mayor threw out the first ball"; "the ball rolled into the corner pocket"
- S: (n) musket ball, ball (a solid projectile that is shot by a musket) "they had to carry a ramrod as well as powder and ball"
- S: (n) ball, globe, orb (an object with a spherical shape) "a ball of fire"
- S: (n) ball (the people assembled at a lavish formal dance) "the ball was already emptying out before the fire alarm sounded"
- S: (n) testis, testicle, orchis, ball, ballock, bollock, nut, egg (one of the two male reproductive glands that produce spermatozoa and secrete androgens) "she kicked him in the balls and got away"
- S: (n) ball (a spherical object used as a plaything) "he played with his rubber ball in the bathtub"
- S: (n) Ball, Lucille Ball (United States comedienne best known as the star of a popular television program (1911-1989))
- S: (n) ball, clod, glob, lump, clump, chunk (a compact mass) "a ball of mud caught him on the shoulder"
- S: (n) ball, formal (a lavish dance requiring formal attire)
- S: (n) ball (a more or less rounded anatomical body or mass) "the ball at the base of the thumb"; "he stood on the balls of his feet"
- S: (n) baseball, baseball game, ball (a ball game played with a bat and ball between two teams of nine players; teams take turns at bat trying to score runs) "he played baseball in high school"; "there was a baseball game on every empty lot"; "there was a desire for National League ball in the area"; "play ball!"
- S: (n) ball (a pitch that is not in the strike zone) "he threw nine straight balls before the manager yanked him"
- S: (v) ball (form into a ball by winding or rolling) "ball wool"