Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) Bade (a Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria)
- S: (v) offer, bid, tender (propose a payment) "The Swiss dealer offered $2 million for the painting"
- S: (v) wish, bid (invoke upon) "wish you a nice evening"; "bid farewell"
- S: (v) bid, beseech, entreat, adjure, press, conjure (ask for or request earnestly) "The prophet bid all people to become good persons"
- S: (v) bid, call (make a demand, as for a card or a suit or a show of hands) "He called his trump"
- S: (v) bid (make a serious effort to attain something) "His campaign bid for the attention of the poor population"
- S: (v) invite, bid (ask someone in a friendly way to do something)