Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) axis (a straight line through a body or figure that satisfies certain conditions)
- S: (n) axis (the main stem or central part about which plant organs or plant parts such as branches are arranged)
- S: (n) Axis (in World War II the alliance of Germany and Italy in 1936 which later included Japan and other nations) "the Axis opposed the Allies in World War II"
- S: (n) bloc, axis (a group of countries in special alliance)
- S: (n) axis, axis vertebra (the 2nd cervical vertebra; serves as a pivot for turning the head)
- S: (n) axis, axis of rotation (the center around which something rotates)