Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) award, awarding (a grant made by a law court) "he criticized the awarding of compensation by the court"
- S: (n) award, accolade, honor, honour, laurels (a tangible symbol signifying approval or distinction) "an award for bravery"
- S: (n) prize, award (something given for victory or superiority in a contest or competition or for winning a lottery) "the prize was a free trip to Europe"
- S: (v) award, present (give, especially as an honor or reward) "bestow honors and prizes at graduation"
- S: (v) award, grant (give as judged due or on the basis of merit) "the referee awarded a free kick to the team"; "the jury awarded a million dollars to the plaintiff"; "Funds are granted to qualified researchers"