Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) atmosphere, ambiance, ambience (a particular environment or surrounding influence) "there was an atmosphere of excitement"
- S: (n) standard atmosphere, atmosphere, atm, standard pressure (a unit of pressure: the pressure that will support a column of mercury 760 mm high at sea level and 0 degrees centigrade)
- S: (n) atmosphere, air (the mass of air surrounding the Earth) "there was great heat as the comet entered the atmosphere"; "it was exposed to the air"
- S: (n) atmosphere, atmospheric state (the weather or climate at some place) "the atmosphere was thick with fog"
- S: (n) atmosphere (the envelope of gases surrounding any celestial body)
- S: (n) air, aura, atmosphere (a distinctive but intangible quality surrounding a person or thing) "an air of mystery"; "the house had a neglected air"; "an atmosphere of defeat pervaded the candidate's headquarters"; "the place had an aura of romance"