Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) assault (close fighting during the culmination of a military attack)
- S: (n) assault (a threatened or attempted physical attack by someone who appears to be able to cause bodily harm if not stopped)
- S: (n) Assault (thoroughbred that won the triple crown in 1946)
- S: (n) rape, violation, assault, ravishment (the crime of forcing a person to submit to sexual intercourse against his or her will)
- S: (v) assail, assault, set on, attack (attack someone physically or emotionally) "The mugger assaulted the woman"; "Nightmares assailed him regularly"
- S: (v) rape, ravish, violate, assault, dishonor, dishonour, outrage (force (someone) to have sex against their will) "The woman was raped on her way home at night"
- S: (v) attack, round, assail, lash out, snipe, assault (attack in speech or writing) "The editors of the left-leaning paper attacked the new House Speaker"