Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) area, country (a particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography)) "it was a mountainous area"; "Bible country"
- S: (n) area (a subject of study) "it was his area of specialization"; "areas of interest include..."
- S: (n) area, region (a part of an animal that has a special function or is supplied by a given artery or nerve) "in the abdominal region"
- S: (n) sphere, domain, area, orbit, field, arena (a particular environment or walk of life) "his social sphere is limited"; "it was a closed area of employment"; "he's out of my orbit"
- S: (n) area (a part of a structure having some specific characteristic or function) "the spacious cooking area provided plenty of room for servants"
- S: (n) area, expanse, surface area (the extent of a 2-dimensional surface enclosed within a boundary) "the area of a rectangle"; "it was about 500 square feet in area"