Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) change, alter, modify (cause to change; make different; cause a transformation) "The advent of the automobile may have altered the growth pattern of the city"; "The discussion has changed my thinking about the issue"
- S: (v) change, alter, vary (become different in some particular way, without permanently losing one's or its former characteristics or essence) "her mood changes in accordance with the weather"; "The supermarket's selection of vegetables varies according to the season"
- S: (v) alter (make an alteration to) "This dress needs to be altered"
- S: (v) interpolate, alter, falsify (insert words into texts, often falsifying it thereby)
- S: (v) alter, neuter, spay, castrate (remove the ovaries of) "Is your cat spayed?"