Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) Allies (the alliance of nations that fought the Axis in World War II and which (with subsequent additions) signed the charter of the United Nations in 1945)
- S: (n) Allies (in World War I the alliance of Great Britain and France and Russia and all the other nations that became allied with them in opposing the Central Powers)
- S: (n) allies (an alliance of nations joining together to fight a common enemy)
- S: (n) ally (a friendly nation)
- S: (n) ally, friend (an associate who provides cooperation or assistance) "he's a good ally in fight"