Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) age (how long something has existed) "it was replaced because of its age"
- S: (n) historic period, age (an era of history having some distinctive feature) "we live in a litigious age"
- S: (n) age, eld (a time of life (usually defined in years) at which some particular qualification or power arises) "she was now of school age"; "tall for his eld"
- S: (n) long time, age, years (a prolonged period of time) "we've known each other for ages"; "I haven't been there for years and years"
- S: (n) old age, years, age, eld, geezerhood (a late time of life) "old age is not for sissies"; "he's showing his years"; "age hasn't slowed him down at all"; "a beard white with eld"; "on the brink of geezerhood"
- S: (v) age (begin to seem older; get older) "The death of his wife caused him to age fast"
- S: (v) senesce, age, get on, mature, maturate (grow old or older) "She aged gracefully"; "we age every day--what a depressing thought!"; "Young men senesce"
- S: (v) age (make older) "The death of his child aged him tremendously"