Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) acid (any of various water-soluble compounds having a sour taste and capable of turning litmus red and reacting with a base to form a salt)
- S: (n) acid, back breaker, battery-acid, dose, dot, Elvis, loony toons, Lucy in the sky with diamonds, pane, superman, window pane, Zen (street name for lysergic acid diethylamide)
- S: (adj) acerb, acerbic, acid, acrid, bitter, blistering, caustic, sulfurous, sulphurous, virulent, vitriolic (harsh or corrosive in tone) "an acerbic tone piercing otherwise flowery prose"; "a barrage of acid comments"; "her acrid remarks make her many enemies"; "bitter words"; "blistering criticism"; "caustic jokes about political assassination, talk-show hosts and medical ethics"; "a sulfurous denunciation"; "a vitriolic critique"
- S: (adj) acidic, acid, acidulent, acidulous (being sour to the taste)
- S: (adj) acid (having the characteristics of an acid) "an acid reaction"