Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) abandon, wantonness, unconstraint (the trait of lacking restraint or control; reckless freedom from inhibition or worry) "she danced with abandon"
- S: (n) wildness, abandon (a feeling of extreme emotional intensity) "the wildness of his anger"
- S: (v) abandon (forsake, leave behind) "We abandoned the old car in the empty parking lot"
- S: (v) abandon, give up (give up with the intent of never claiming again) "Abandon your life to God"; "She gave up her children to her ex-husband when she moved to Tahiti"; "We gave the drowning victim up for dead"
- S: (v) vacate, empty, abandon (leave behind empty; move out of) "You must vacate your office by tonight"
- S: (v) abandon, give up (stop maintaining or insisting on; of ideas or claims) "He abandoned the thought of asking for her hand in marriage"; "Both sides have to give up some claims in these negotiations"
- S: (v) abandon, forsake, desolate, desert (leave someone who needs or counts on you; leave in the lurch) "The mother deserted her children"